I'm currently looking for freelance or contract web and app development work! See what I can do for you.
My Experience with:
PostgreSQL is my goto database technology these days. I’ve used MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server for a while, then took a detour into NoSQL projects, but now I’m back to this as my primary. I’m using it for this website.
Dwayne.xyz About this projectJanuary 2020
- Rented and configured a Ubuntu server and PostgreSQL instance hosted at DigitalOcean.
- Installed Go, nginx, Gitea, Fathom web analytics, an IRC server, and other software.
- Created a stable deployment process with versioning and rollback capability.
- Configured web server, services, DNS settings, and TSL certificates (LetsEncrypt).
- Implemented peer-to-peer videochat using WebSockets, WebRTC, and Web Audio API.
- Added sitewide CSS animations that activate when entering the viewport.
- Added website settings for animation control and color scheme that display and respect operating settings for each.
- See PageSpeed Insights for dwayne.xyz
Frontend Engineer Full TimeNovember 2019 - August 2020
- Started Ember to React refactor of the Tracer product.
- Started and configured an internal React component library (Github/npm package) used by Tracer.
- Built Ember and React components and features in collaboration with a Python API backend team.
- Participated in the switch to a Agile/scrum development style.
TEKsystems / eBay
Software Engineer ContractOctober 2017 - February 2018
- Took over development of a website speed testing and performance improvement application named Coach.
- Coach: Maintained architecture based on docker images and server/worker node projects that communicate over Redis.
- Coach: Implemented Bootstrap 4 based design.
- Coach: Implemented HAR file analysis usign tools like PerfCascade.
- Coach: Implemented simple team based authentication for maintaining and comparing test runs.
pHin (ConnectedYard Inc)
Software Engineer Full TimeFebruary 2016 - July 2017
- Designed and developed major product features using Node.js, restify, PostgreSQL, and Angular.
- Setup, updated, and modified continuous integration configurations (Travis CI) for multiple web/API projects.
- Investigated and studied hardware issues and solutions.