My Experience with:
Server Admin (Ubuntu)
I’ve used Linux personally and on the job early on in my career, and I’ve always been curious about what’s going on in the GNU/Linux world. Lately I’ve been doing all of the server administration for this website, starting with an empty Ubuntu installation on Digital Ocean.
Dwayne.xyz About this projectJanuary 2020
- Rented and configured a Ubuntu server and PostgreSQL instance hosted at DigitalOcean.
- Installed Go, nginx, Gitea, Fathom web analytics, an IRC server, and other software.
- Created a stable deployment process with versioning and rollback capability.
- Configured web server, services, DNS settings, and TSL certificates (LetsEncrypt).
- Implemented peer-to-peer videochat using WebSockets, WebRTC, and Web Audio API.
- Added sitewide CSS animations that activate when entering the viewport.
- Added website settings for animation control and color scheme that display and respect operating settings for each.
- See PageSpeed Insights for dwayne.xyz
Technical Support Representative Full TimeSeptember 2007 - November 2007
- Assisted customers with issues related to web hosting, web development, and database administration.
- Monitored the availability of web servers and did troubleshooting for related problems.