I'm currently looking for freelance or contract web and app development work! See what I can do for you.
Dwayne.xyz About this projectJanuary 2020
- Rented and configured a Ubuntu server and PostgreSQL instance hosted at DigitalOcean.
- Installed Go, nginx, Gitea, Fathom web analytics, an IRC server, and other software.
- Created a stable deployment process with versioning and rollback capability.
- Configured web server, services, DNS settings, and TSL certificates (LetsEncrypt).
- Implemented peer-to-peer videochat using WebSockets, WebRTC, and Web Audio API.
- Added sitewide CSS animations that activate when entering the viewport.
- Added website settings for animation control and color scheme that display and respect operating settings for each.
- See PageSpeed Insights for dwayne.xyz
Do Better NYC About this projectOctober 2020 - December 2020
- Designed and implemented mobile UX/UI.
- Received and uploaded assets to Shopify account.
- Integrated with Shopify APIs to dynamically list product variants and add products to cart from the custom design.
Elpha (iOS Client for Mastodon)August 2018 - December 2018
- Designed and built an iOS client for the Mastodon social network.
- Collaborated with a partner on UX/UI design and iOS assets.
- Used Swift (with Swift Package Manager) and storyboards (minimal use of third party libraries).
- Used the Apple Developer tools (including App Store Connect and TestFlight) to create builds for testing.
- View Source
Frontend Engineer Full TimeNovember 2019 - August 2020
- Started Ember to React refactor of the Tracer product.
- Started and configured an internal React component library (Github/npm package) used by Tracer.
- Built Ember and React components and features in collaboration with a Python API backend team.
- Participated in the switch to a Agile/scrum development style.
Senior Web Developer ContractJuly 2019 - August 2019
- Helped build a React based web view for a B2B ecommerce app.
- Helped define processes, build configurations, and Azure Pipeline customizations.
TEKsystems / Apple
Senior Web Developer ContractMarch 2018 - March 2019
- Helped develop multiple React/Redux based internal tools for importing and managing Apple Maps data.
- Ported a scheduling/planning tool from an older container application to a new one, requiring project reorganization and authentication changes.
TEKsystems / eBay
Software Engineer ContractOctober 2017 - February 2018
- Took over development of a website speed testing and performance improvement application named Coach.
- Coach: Maintained architecture based on docker images and server/worker node projects that communicate over Redis.
- Coach: Implemented Bootstrap 4 based design.
- Coach: Implemented HAR file analysis usign tools like PerfCascade.
- Coach: Implemented simple team based authentication for maintaining and comparing test runs.